2 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4-1 teaspoon saffron threads, (see Ingredient Note)
1 cup long-grain brown rice
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 medium yellow summer squash, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 pound raw shrimp, (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
1/3 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and saffron to taste to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice, return to a boil, cover and reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender, 40 to 45 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
About 10 minutes before the rice is done, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender (do not brown), 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in mint and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in lemon juice; remove from heat. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Serve over the rice.
Ingredient Note: Saffron, the world’s most expensive spice, is the dried stigma of a crocus and contributes a pungent flavor and intense yellow color to food. It is sold in threads and powdered form.
So you always here girls say or post things about the guys they want so I figured wth I will post one lol.
I want a woman who will call me first when something goes wrong,
I want a woman who wants what I want,
I want a woman who will smile when I smile,
I want a woman who will sit and talk for a while,
I want a woman who in truth is a friend,
I want a woman that will stand by me till the end,
I want a woman who will listen instead of argue,
I want a woman who excited says I do,
I want a woman who on her best day stays humble,
I want a woman who will get back up if life makes her stumble,
I want a woman who loves to laugh,
I want a woman who can live beyond the past,
I want a woman who will cherish being a mom,
I want a woman who will dance with me everyday like it was prom,
I want a woman who beside me can cuddle,
I want a woman who for doesn’t feel she settled,
I want a woman who supports me through it all,
I want a woman who understands even a man takes his falls,
I want a woman who will accept my love and hold onto it too,
I want a woman who will give me a hug and whisper I love you,
In the end I just want a woman who is there for me,
Because if I got that woman she would always know for her I would be.
12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
1 pound lean ground beef (optional)
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
3 tablespoons chopped black olives
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup beef broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2) In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat. Drain fat from pan, and transfer meat to a bowl. In the same skillet, cook onion and bell pepper in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and beef, and season with oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
4) Arrange half of the cooked fettuccine in the prepared dish, top with half of the beef and vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Mix together soup and beef broth until smooth, and pour over casserole. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.
Somehow I see this as a commercial soon lmao
I think I am gonna start doing this lol